Don’t miss the taste of the dishes of the typical kitchen of Siena
Follow the activities of Ross Hotels Group and interact with Palazzo Leopoldo through your favourite social network:
Palazzo Leopoldo is also on TripAdvisor:
Visualize and save the brochure of Palazzo Leopoldo! You can have always at your disposal a true hotel’s profile that you can consult every time.
THE TYPICAL KITCHEN OF SIENA
Siena has a long culinary tradition thanks to the richness of the medieval period Siena and to the presence of numerous restaurants
along Francigena way. In the last decades there has been a research of Medeieval recipes, as in other zones of central Italy. Here
you are the most famous dishes:
- The pici, a kind of home made spaghetti that are original of the Val d’Orcia and Val di Chiana zone.
- The ribollita, a soup of vegetables and beans prepared on roasted bread slices with garlic. The main ingredient
is the black cabbage and its name has origin from the fact that this soup is cooked more than once.
- The mixed roasted meat, that include sausages, pig meat and beef loin.
- The game, that include all the local animals, cooked in grill and with sauce.
- The wild board, that is present all over the province.
- The typical cakes, like Panforte and the Ricciarelli.
Some news "tiramisu", tell that it was invented by Siena, even if there is a dispute with the Veneto region. The
realization of this dessert has its origin for the dinner organized in honour of Gran Duke Cosimo III de’ Medici in occasion of
his visit (at the end of XVIII century).
Cooking Lesson at Palazzo Leopoldo
Palazzo Leopoldo offers you the chance to have a coking course in order to learn the traditional dishes of Chianti!
Read in our guestbook what Palazzo Leopoldo’s guests think and if also you have stayed with us we would be glad to get your comments and your impressions.
To be always updated on the offers and promotions of Palazzo Leopoldo and the other hotels of Ross Hotels Group subscribe to the newsletter!